The Shoulder Cuff Kit has been designed with Occupational Therapists to prevent or reduce shoulder subluxation (dislocation). It may be used following Cerebral Insult or Brachial Plexus Lesion. The Shoulder Cuff should only be worn following prescription and fitted by a qualified Occupational Therapist.
An alternative product is the Shoulder Abductor (sold separately).
The Cuff is intended to be worn when transferring, sitting, standing and walking and can be applied or checked before these activities. The Cuff is intended to be removed when lying down and bathing. Warning signs of tingling, pain, changes of skin colour or temperature should be reported to the Occupational Therapist immediately.
- Saves Therapist’s valuable time
- Fully washable
- May be worn under or over clothing
- Special foam padding on arm and shoulder pads to help prevent slipping
- Various sizes (most women require the small size)
- Reinforced shoulder pad will not stretch
- Once the shoulder cuff kit has been correctly fitted, the pieces should be fixed by sewing to make the cuff non-adjustable. This ensures correct day to day application. After fitting, mark the Hook & Loop Tape straps to correct adjustment.
- The strap that passes under the opposite axilla is adjustable front and back. Make size adjustments at the back to allow easy fastening across the chest.
- Axilla cushion may be removed or cut to fit.