2 Year Manufacturer’s Warranty
Pelican offers a 2 Year Manufacturer’s Warranty on most of its range of products. Exceptions to this time period are detailed below. This is in addition to consumer guarantees, also detailed below, and cannot exclude them.
This warrants your product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal operating conditions.
Pelican will repair, replace, or provide a credit or refund of the original purchase price for any product that is determined by Pelican to be defective.
If you believe a product is defective you must stop using it. We require the product to be sent to us, at your cost, for inspection before providing a replacement or repairing the product. We regret that we cannot supply free replacements or loan products during this process.
For products purchased through a retailer or distributor, please contact them. If you purchased directly from Pelican, or if you do not get a satisfactory outcome from the retailer or distributor, please contact us directly by:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone (+61 8 9444 4577)
Our return address is: Pelican Manufacturing, 5 Ruse Street, Osborne Park WA 6017, Australia
Where possible we will email or fax you a Goods Return Form.
We recommend choosing a courier service that provides a tracking number and/or proof of delivery service. This allows you to track your parcel to us. We are not responsible for parcels not received at our facility.
Note: If you are outside of Australia, the freight cost may not be viable.
Always keep your invoices in a safe place.
What this Warranty does not cover
- General wear and tear, including deterioration of any materials or components, due either to use or storage of the product.
- Scratches, stains, marks, discoloration or damage caused by use, misuse, accident or abuse of the product.
- Pelican shall not be liable for any loss or damage, including consequential, indirect and incidental loss or damage, arising out of the use of, misuse of, or inability to use, the product or for breach of any express or implied warranty.
If you change your mind or the product does not work for you
We understand that sometimes things just go wrong, and what you ordered you just no longer need, or you may have ordered the wrong product. We accept returns with the following conditions:
- The goods are in a brand new, re-saleable, unwashed condition.
- You are responsible for returning the goods to us within 14 days of purchase. We can only refund the cost of the goods, and not freight charges.
Some Pelican products are inherently single-use products, such as the Disposable Tape Measures and Single Use/Disposable Bed Slide Sheets. Our Warranty would only cover such products up until their first use.
The warranty periods for Pelican’s range of Alarm products are detailed below. This warranty does not include damage cause by urine or moisture.
- Bed Alarm Contact Sheets – 3 months
- Bed Rail Alarm Contact Sheets – 6 months
- Chair Alarm Contact Sheets – 6 months
- Doorway Alarm Contact Sheets – 12 months
- Footboard Alarm Contact Sheets – 6 months
- Floor Alarm Contact Sheets – 12 months
- Floor Alarm-Lino Contact Sheets – 12 months
- Sounding Alarm Boxes – 12 months
- Thermo Regulating products – 3 months, if washed using a washing bag such as the Pelican Washing Bag
- Hip Protector products – 12 months
Other products may be added to this list without notice.
Australian Consumer Law
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under Australian Consumer law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.