Convoluted Foam Heel & Elbow Pads – Covered
- Important Information
- Great as a heel or elbow pad
- Soft convoluted inside surface with ventilation holes near the heel, helps air to circulate around the foot
- Large enough to protect the ankles & both sides of the feet
- Simple and quick to fit with a Hook & Loop Tape strap
- One size to fit small to large feet
- Low cost and long life
- Wash and reuse
This product is used in many hospitals and nursing homes to help prevent decubitus ulcers. Various departments may use this product:
- Intensive Care
- Hospice Care
- Heart Failure
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Burns Unit
The slippery outer cover allows the foot to move around slightly and the product stays on the foot.
Another feature is some extra foam under the Hook & Loop Tape strap to try to stop the strap from touching the top of the foot. On many feet, the foam can overlap before doing up the Hook & Loop Tape, or if the patient has swollen feet and the Hook & Loop Tape is near the top of the foot, some disposable wadding can be placed under the Hook & Loop Tape.
An alternative product is the Convoluted Foam Heel & Elbow Pads. These are the foam only, with no slippery cover.
Item # 140C
Wash up to 80°C (176°F). Air or tumble dry on a cool setting, ensuring the drum is cool. Ensure the product is dry before using or storing.
Warning: This product is not designed to be worn while walking.