The Convoluted Foam Heel & Elbow Pads – Covered – Large, is used to help prevent pressure sores on the heels, but they can also be used on the elbows.
The full range of the convoluted Heel & Elbow Pads are:
|Standard||19cm / 7.5″||Convoluted Foam Heel & Elbow Pads||A standard size all-foam design, which may catch on the bed clothes and dislodge if the patient moves their feet around in bed|
|Standard||19cm / 7.5″||Convoluted Foam Heel & Elbow Pads – Covered||A standard size with a slippery cover which allows restless patients to move their feet around in bed, without the pads coming off their feet|
|Large||29cm / 11.4″||Convoluted Foam Heel & Elbow Pads – Covered – Large||A large design with a slippery cover which allows restless patients to move their feet around in bed, without the pads coming off their feet, and helps protect the toes for large feet|
- Helpful as a heel or elbow protector
- A large design for big feet
- Good for small feet where the foam can help take the weight of the bed sheets, instead of putting pressure on the toes
- Soft convoluted inside surface with ventilation holes near the heel, helps air to circulate around the foot
- Large enough to protect the ankles & both sides of the feet
- Simple and quick to fit with a Hook & Loop Tape strap
- Low cost and long life
- Wash and re-use
The Convoluted Foam Heel & Elbow Pads – Covered – Large, are used in many hospitals and nursing homes to help prevent decubitus ulcers. Various departments may use this product:
- Intensive Care
- Hospice Care
- Heart Failure
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Burns Unit
The slippery outer cover allows the foot to move around slightly and the product stays on the foot.
On many feet, the foam can overlap before doing up the Hook & Loop Tape, or if the patient has swollen feet and the Hook & Loop Tape is near the top of the foot, some disposable wadding can be placed under the Hook & Loop Tape.