Arm Sling & Abductor Pillow
$72.00 AUD – $165.00 AUD
The Arm Sling & Abductor Pillow may be used after:
- Rotator cuff or similar operations,
- Some dislocations
The Arm Sling & Abductor Pillow abducts the arm at approximately 15°. It consist of an Abduction Pillow and a Sling.
- Place the patient’s arm in Sling.
- Have the elbow fully back in the Sling.
- Take the shoulder strap from wrist area over the unaffected shoulder, across the back and down through the plastic fitting next to the elbow, adjusting to size.
- Place the Abduction Pillow under the Sling so it is held in position by the Hook & Loop Tape fastening. The surgeon will decide if the bulbous end is to be in front, or beside the chest. Use the strap provided to secure the Sling around the patient’s waist.
- The wrist section can be opened for inspection by undoing one of the Hook & Loop Tape tabs. Fold the front section back if you do not want to support the wrist.
Your medical adviser normally recommends and fits this Sling.
If you notice any reactions such as swelling or pain, immediately contact your medical adviser.
Item # 604 - Arm Sling & Abductor Pillow
Item # 604S - Arm Sling Only (no Abductor Pillow)
Wash up to 80°C (176°F). Air or tumble dry on a cool setting, ensuring the drum is cool. Ensure the product is dry before using or storing. The foam can be removed from the cover. Squeeze out excess water.