- A budget option of a crash mat to help prevent injury from bed falls.
- For patients who cannot walk, but fall from a low bed.
- Supplied with a warning sign to avoid a tripping hazard.
- Hi-Vis yellow material to warn staff that it is on the floor.
- Also available:
- Bed Fall Mat – Sewn – A better product which is firmer to walk on, better impact absorption, and has a full length highly-visable webbing edge to warn staff the Mat is on the floor.
- Bed Fall Mat – Heat Sealed The best option which is firm to walk on, excellent impact absorption, and is 100% heat-sealed for Infection Control.
Some patients climb over bed rails, fall to the ground and are injured. A way to help avoid injury is to lower the bed as much as possible and place the Bed Fall Mat, sometimes known as a Crash Mat, next to the bed, so if the patient gets out of bed, then they will have a soft surface to fall on. This product is designed only for beds which go low to the ground.
ABOUT THE BED FALL MAT – SEWN – BUDGET
This product has a single layer of foam. A warning card is supplied to inform staff that the Mat is in position. This can be displayed in a prominent place to reduce the tripping hazard risk. When not being used the Bed Fall Mat can be folded up and stored behind the bed head, or under the bed.
People can fall in a variety of different ways. Pelican makes no express or implied guarantee that a patient will not sustain an injury.
If you are concerned about this item slipping on your floor surface, please check out the Non-Slip Mat.