- An excellent crash mat to help prevent injury from bed falls
- Waterproof Heat Sealed Cover – Wipe or hose clean
- For patients who cannot walk, or who climb over bedrails, and then fall
- Supplied with a warning sign to avoid a tripping hazard
- Reflective tape on edge to warn staff in low light
- Three layers of special foam inside make it firm enough to walk on, but soft enough to reduce impact of the fall
- Also available: Bed Fall Mat – Sewn, with waterproof material cover but sewn together – not heat sealed
Some patients climb over bed rails, fall to the ground and are injured. A way to help avoid injury is to lower the bed as much as possible and place the Bed Fall Mat, sometimes known as a Crash Mat, next to the bed, so if the patient gets out of bed, then they will have a soft surface to fall on.
It may help if the bed is placed next to the wall. If only one bed rail is raised, the patient will then get out of bed on the side where the bed rail is removed. We recommend completely removing the bed rail, rather than simply lowering it. By leaving the rail in the lower position the patient may hurt themselves against the rail if they fall.
About the Bed Fall Mat – Heat Sealed
The Bed Fall Mats are made of two layers of hard foam, with a softer foam layer in between. This makes them firm enough to walk on, but still able to protect the patient when they fall. A warning card is supplied to inform staff that the Mat is in position. This can be displayed in a prominent place to to reduce the tripping hazard risk. When not being used the Bed Fall Mat can be folded up and stored behind the bed head.
People can fall in a variety of different ways. Pelican makes no express or implied guarantee that a patient will not sustain an injury.
If you are concerned about this item slipping on your floor surface, please check out the Non-Slip Mat.