Main Features of the Convoluted Foam Heel & Elbow Pads
- Good option as a heel or elbow pad
- Soft convoluted inside surface with ventilation holes near the heel, helps air to circulate around the foot
- Large enough to protect the ankles & both sides of the feet
- Simple and quick to fit with a Hook & Loop Tape strap
- One size to fit small to large feet
- Low cost and long life
- Wash and reuse
This product is used in many hospitals and nursing homes to help prevent decubitus ulcers. Various departments may use this product:
- Intensive Care
- Hospice Care
- Heart Failure
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Burns Unit
Another feature is some extra foam under the Hook & Loop Tape strap to try to stop the strap from touching the top of the foot. On many feet, the foam can overlap before doing up the Hook & Loop Tape, or if the patient has swollen feet and the Hook & Loop Tape is near the top of the foot, some disposable wadding can be placed under the Hook & Loop Tape.
We use a soft convoluted foam for this product. Some people may find that the foam grips to the bedclothes and rides up the foot, or comes off. Possibly a better product is the Convoluted Foam Heel & Elbow Pads – Covered. These have a slippery outer cover. This means they move around the bed as the foot does, and stay in place. Please consider this product before purchasing.