The Bed Comforter is a very comfortable body pillow. It is filled with polyester with hollow core silicone fibre.
The Bed Comforter is designed so it can rest between the person’s legs and protect them from rubbing together. They can also rest their arm over the Bed Comforter.
Some people who have restless nights, may sleep better and more comfortably using the Bed Comforter. For residents in aged care facilities, it may make the person feel secure so they stay in their own bed overnight and do not try to get into other people’s beds.
It is difficult to guarantee if this product will work with every patient. If it does not work with one patient, it may well work with someone else in the facility. The success of this product may depend on how it is introduced to the patient.
Make your selection from the drop down boxes. We highly recommend purchasing one of the three spare cover options. Using a cover means you generally don’t need to wash the entire product – you can just wash the cover.
- Standard – This is the Bed Comfort on it’s own. We recommend purchasing this with with the Spare Poly Cotton Cover, or a Spare Waterproof Cover with Sewn Seams.
- 100% Heat Sealed – This is a a 100% Heat Sealed version which has sealed seams, so no urine can get inside. Some people use this version, with a Spare Poly Cotton Cover over the top that can be easily washed.
- Spare Poly Cotton Cover – This is a nice soft blue material cover which most people use. It can go on top of either the Standard Bed Comforter, or the 100% Heat Sealed version.
- Spare Thermoregulating Cover – This is the same as the Spare Poly Cotton Cover, but has a thermoregulating material sewn on the inside. See below for important information about this material.*
- Spare Waterproof Cover with Sewn Seams – This is soft, waterproof, wipeable material cover for incontinent people. It does have stitching, so it is not 100% Heat Sealed. It can go on top of either the Standard Bed Comforter, or the 100% Heat Sealed version.
* About the Thermoregulating Material
The TR Material was first developed to help astronauts in space maintain their body temperature. The material should help to ‘keep cool people warm’ and ‘keep warm people cool’. The material allows heat from the body to escape and if the body is getting cold, it traps the warmth of the body. Many people who are under cancer treatment such as chemotherapy and radiotherapy (radiation therapy) may find a benefit from the cooling material.
See more Pelican bed positioning support products on this page.